Monday, May 6, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week- Day One

Jonah has had the most incredible teachers over the last few years.  From Preschool to Elementary, we have been so blessed by the ladies God has placed in his life to care for him, nurture him, teach him and love him.  This year has been no exception.  Just today, as we were driving to Karate, I said "Let's make a deal.  You stop growing and stay in first grade FOREVER!"  He giggled then he got very serious and said "Ya know, I wouldn't mind that because I could keep Mrs. Hoover as my teacher!"  He adores her!  She truly is amazing!

So, we could not let this week go by without showing her just how wonderful she is.  I wanted to do something a little creative but I wanted to avoid Pinterest.  Now that Pinterest is so popular, there doesn't seem to be much indivuality and creativity.  It seems that everyone does the same Valentines and the same Christmas gifts so I wanted to do something original for a few of the days this week.  I do love Pinterest and will use some ideas from there for this week, but I'm doing some of my own things too.  

Like this...
I was in T.J. Maxx last week and saw these step stools.  I thought they were super cute!  There were so many colors to choose from.  I felt sure that would not be a common gift.  So, I searched through them to pick out the ones I liked when I got a great idea.  I could attach a note on scrapbook paper saying something with the word "STEP."  

I grabbed one for both of my boy's teachers and began to think about the wording.  Micah is just in preschool and from what I saw today, I don't think anyone there celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week but us.  I knew his wording had to be different than Jonah's.  His teacher has been so wonderful to him over the last two months that he has been there.  So, we definitely wanted to show our appreciation to her.  You can see her step stool with attached note below. 
The note for Jonah's teacher was a little easier.  Because of her, he is fully prepared to "step" into 2nd grade. 
Both gifts were HUGE hits with the teachers and other parents.  I actually shared the idea with several friends over the last week so several other teachers got gifts like this today.  I'll keep this idea tucked away for next year too!  They turned out so cute!!!

Stay tuned for Day Two...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails