Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A hoppin' good birthday at Disney

Early in December, I got a mysterious package with Christmas lights and clues about a birthday celebration in my honor.  All I knew for sure was the date and the time.  So, weeks passed with me wondering stressing about what the night would hold.  If you know me well, then you know that I'm not a big fan of surprises.  They seriously stress me out.  All I was told was to wear jeans.  So, I did. 

5 of my friends from church planned a great night out at Disney.  We Resort hopped and saw Christmas decorations.  Our first stop was for Appetizers at a restaurant at Wilderness Lodge. 




From there, we headed to The Swan for the main course. 





Even though it was just the main course, they still brought me a dessert since it was my birthday.  (That was the second of the night but I forgot to take a picture of the first one!)

We then headed to The Grand Floridian.  We spent some time looking around there at their amazing Christmas decor.  Check out this Gingerbread House. 



We had dessert reservations at Narcoose's at The Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.  This restaurant is right on the water so we had a great view of The Contemporary and The Magic Kingdom.  The perfect part of that plan was that we were seated about 20 minutes before the fireworks started.  So, once we ordered our desserts and ate a few bites, we were able to move outside for a direct view of the fireworks over the castle. 











Betty and Kim opted to stay inside in the warmth.  It was fine because they had a direct view from our table.  And, they piped the music inside also. 



This is one of those pictures that isn't funny to anyone but three of us...and Susan.  But, I had to include it.  Because, the memory alone just made me laugh all over again!

It was such a wonderful night with ladies who mean so much to me. I'm blessed by the friendship of these ladies.  I truly am!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails