Thursday, August 30, 2012

Update

I'm alive!  For  a few hours earlier this week, I questioned the reality of that statement.  But, after anesthesia wore off and I began to feel a little better, I realized I had actually weathered the storm of my first surgery.  And, for the record, I'm not a fan of anesthesia.  Well, actually, I probably am a fan of the actual anesthesia, just not the after effects and recovery from anesthesia.  

On Monday, I had a colon repair done and then spent a couple of days in the hospital.  I got to come home yesterday and then had to see the surgeon today for a follow up visit.  I'll have to her again once a week for the next six weeks or so.  My mother in law is here helping with the boys.  Dan is being typical Dan and helping anywhere that is needed.  My friends are providing meals, play dates, pick ups and drop offs from school and my dog is providing constant companionship.  I'm a lucky girl!


3 comments:

mcroemer103@aol.com said...

Oh my goodness! Whatever happened?! You and yours are in my prayers.

Emily B said...

Glad you're doing well & have help with the boys! I'll be praying for your speedy recovery:)

Barb said...

Glad to hear your recovery is going well. Praying for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails