Friday, August 10, 2012

The Final Week

It is a little after 9:00 on Friday morning.  Micah is still asleep.  (which is normal!)  Dan is still asleep.  (which is not normal!)  Jonah and I are chewing bubble gum and trying to figure out a new game he got for his birthday.  We have been talking about what to do today.  Dan is home for the whole day so we want to do something fun as a family.  We just can't decide what that is.  

I feel the rush to make it something fun and exciting.  I just realized we are down to ONE WEEK before school starts again.  This time next week will find us at Meet The Teacher and then he starts school the following Monday.  I'm not ready for that.  I'm actually very sad about it.  I have loved having both of my boys home with me for the summer.  I've loved the activities.  I've loved the lazy days.  It has been a wonderful time.

I think I'm one of those people who would love year round school. I would love the idea of going to school for a month then having a couple of weeks off.  It seems like every time the kids were about to be bored, they would have a break.  I think our area did it for a while but it wasn't very successful.  It would have to make the "going back to school" time easier because you do it so often.

Jonah starting first grade is so much easier for me than Kindergarten was.  I really struggled with that transition.  Now, I can hardly wait to see what is in store for him.  He had such an amazing year in Kindergarten.  I can only hope first grade goes as well.

That's all for now.  We've got to pull the trigger on what fun thing we will do today.  Sharkey and Bones from The Jake and the Neverland Pirates Band is in concert this week at Downtown Disney.  I have a feeling we will probably end up there.  Nothing like ending your summer with a concert.  :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails