Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Whew!

Today has been one of "those" days.  It's 8:39 p.m. but feels more like 11:45 p.m.  I have friends who are really hurting and struggling and that weighs on me.  I talked to or spent time with four of them today.  And, I'm not talking about little struggles, I'm talking about big time life altering struggles.  So, my mind has been far more "them" centered than "us" centered.  Which means, our house is a little ragged.  I haven't cooked a meal in a few days.  (Unless you count Eggo Waffles or PB&J)  And, it seems that we are just existing to get to the next thing.  Like, tomorrow for example, we have eleven places to be.  ELEVEN!  I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it.  


So, as you can imagine, the night time routine was a bit stressed.  Wednesdays are always hard because we don't get home until the time is already an hour or so after bedtime.  So, rushing to get kids bathed and in bed is quite daunting.  And, like most Wednesdays, Dan had a meeting after church so it was just me.  Jonah decided to pick tonight to start whining and crying on the way home about something very insignificant.  By the time we made it here, he was in full meltdown mode.  Micah, who thought Jonah was squealing to make him laugh, was in all out giggle and chase mode.  Max was howling because I had not taken the time to let him out of his crate.  It was a beautiful picture of peace and harmony.  I imagine this must be what Norman Rockwell used as inspiration for his lovely paintings.  


Anyway, in midst of SHEER CHAOS, Dan called to say he was on his way home.  I was out of breath and slightly very annoyed by the madness around me.  I said "You know, on Twitter today, I read that it is my job to make our home so appealing, restful and peaceful that a man would NEVER have a reason to look for love elsewhere!  If that is the case, you probably shouldn't come home!"


HA!  We both had a laugh and he chose to come home anyway.  And in true Danno fashion, he jumped right in.  We tag teamed the boys and got them both bathed, dressed, storied and in bed for the night.  And, once again, my house is quiet.  I'm exhausted and so burdened for my friends.  But, I have a God who says "Come to me, all you are are weary and heavy ladened, and I will give you rest!"  So, I'm taking Him up on that tonight!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails