Sunday, May 20, 2012

Reading counts

Jonah took his last Reading Counts test on Wednesday.  His goal for the year was 100 points and he finished with 101.  Dan volunteers in the classroom every Wednesday so he was there for Jonah's final test.  He took these pictures with his phone and sent them to me.  

This one was my favorite.  Dan's creativity made me giggle.  Get it, 101?  Cute!

He ended the year with 25,306 words read.  I'm pretty proud of him.  The goal for kids in Kindergarten is 50 points so he doubled that.  Honestly, he could have done so much more but when his teacher sent books home for him back in the fall, I didn't understand the program.  So, he was only doing one book every week or so.  I didn't realize he was supposed to read it, take a test and get another book.  So, for a couple of months, he did a few books a month rather than 5 or so per week.  Oh well, the total doesn't matter as much as the actual reading.  


This kid is a reader.  I'm planning to video it soon so he can always have it to look back on.  I'm pretty amazed at how well he reads at the end of Kindergarten.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails