Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Jonah's first piano lesson

Jonah is such a lover of music.  Orchestra Sundays at church are his favorite.  One of his favorite DVDs is the Elmo's Peter and the Wolf.  Actually, both of my boys love that one.  (If your kid likes music, and you haven't seen it, you must get it!)  He knew most every piece of an orchestra long before he was two.  He has mentioned playing the piano several times over the last couple of years.  So, I contacted the best piano teacher in Volusia County this time last year about lessons.  His fingers wouldn't quite reach the distance they needed so we put the lessons off until he was ready.  That time finally came a couple of weeks ago.  

And, let me tell you, this little boy L.O.V.E.D. it!  He could hardly wait to get there and didn't really want to leave when it was over.  He took her a little thing of flowers and she made such a huge deal over it.  Now he wants to take her flowers every time.  ha! 










 If you know Ginny, then all of these pictures speak volumes.  You can see her expressions and can tell exactly how she it talking to Jonah.  If you don't know her, then you just need to know how incredible she is.  I'm so grateful for Jonah to have the opportunity to take piano lessons but I'm especially grateful that she is his teacher.  She is an amazing organist and a fabulous piano teacher.  I'm glad my little guy gets to be influenced by this sweet lady...and even learn a little piano on the side.  





1 comment:

Barb said...

This makes my heart happy! I hope he continues to love the piano and music.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails