Sunday, February 12, 2012

PTA Walkathon




A few weeks ago, Micah and I joined Jonah at his school for the PTA Walkathon.  It was a beautiful day outside.  (Unlike the crazy cold weather we will have tomorrow for Grandparents Day!!)  I took Micah in his stroller thinking he would enjoy being strolled around during the event.  But, the music started and that dude (along with Craig Uppercue) started dancing and he wanted OUT!

 I made the first round with Jonah and some of his friends with Micah in the stroller.  But, as we neared the end of the first lap, I unbuckled him and let him out to walk with us.  

 He was BEYOND thrilled.  And, the kids loved it.  They all fought over who got to hold his hand.  Most of the time, Ava won out.  (She is Jonah's girlfriend, afterall!)





 And, when I say they fought over it, I really mean it.  The kids fought over who got to hold his hand and walk with Micah.  Jonah loved that it was HIS baby brother.  



 Every now and then, Micah would stop walking and just dance for a while.  And, usually there was someone there to just dance with him.  








 I was so proud of Jonah for walking and running the entire time.  He didn't even complain about being tired.  ;-)  But, he was glad it was over when all was said and done.  As they lined back up in their classes, he happened to be next to Ava.  I snapped a picture of them and then DeAnna quickly informed me that she wanted to be in a picture too.  As you will see, she may not be aware of the 2 year relationship with Jonah and Ava.  Ha!


It was a great event and fundraiser for our school.  Jonah won the top prize in Kindergarten for raising the most money.  His prize was a kickball.  As soon as it warms up, we will have to make a little trip to the field behind his school one afternoon for a friendly game of Kickball!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love those pictures of Craig dancing. They were cracking me up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails