Monday, December 19, 2011

Hope

The past few months of our lives have been CRAZY with a capital C!  But, just last week, it seems things have taken a turn and life is settling down for us.  For the first time in as long as I can remember, I got to spend an entire day with my husband.  Two different families in our church offered to take one of the boys for the day and we got walk hand in hand, eat a quiet meal, attend a concert in the park, shop, and just enjoy the day.


Yesterday, we left right after church and spent the afternoon at Sea World and then met friends from home for dinner in Orlando.  Today brought 2 different play dates, lunch at Chick-fil-A, Upward Basketball practice and tonight, dinner with a couple from church while other friends from church play with our boys.  Tis the season, right?


I guess I've never been so grateful for Christmas and the promise of hope that the Season brings.  The craziness of the last 4 months has taught me to be grateful for the things that can't be taken away.  The truths of scripture have been a refreshing breath of fresh air in my own heart and mind.  Looking at my little boys and knowing that it is up to me to teach them the importance of the birth of Jesus and what that means not only in their hearts and lives but also what it means for our entire world is a daunting task.   I ask God to help us soak up all of the wonder of the marvelous mystery that Jesus is.  


By this time next week, the food will be eaten, the gifts will be unwrapped and Christmas will be over.  But, my heart will still be just as grateful and in awe of the one who came as an approachable baby boy over 2000 years ago.  Because he came, I have hope!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails