Sunday, November 6, 2011

This week...

I'm a little overwhelmed.  There is a lot to do and I'm down to just a little time to do it all.  And, honestly, I'm basically the only one who can do most of it.  So, somehow, I have to work out all the details.  We have beach photos scheduled for Tuesday night.  I have no wardrobe picked out for any of us.  As a last resort, I can always do the white/khaki thing but that isn't my first choice.  


And, Micah's birthday is Wednesday and while he won't really care, I plan to make a big deal of him all day.  Birthdays are huge to me.  I love them.  I love the parties.  I love the celebration.  I love the hoopla.  I'm planning to be up early and make a huge family breakfast before Jonah goes to school.  I plan to wake Micah up that morning by singing to him and videoing it while doing it just like we did with Jonah.  


Besides those two pretty big things, I have all of the crafty stuff to get done before Micah's party on Saturday.  And, at some point, I need to clean my house before my company gets here Thursday from Mississippi.  Fortunately, they are good friends who would totally understand if the house is a wreck.  


I have clothes to wash, a house to clean, groceries to buy, crafts to make, food to cook, party supplies to buy, church to attend, volunteer time at Jonah's school, pictures to print, a banner to make and 345,393 other things to do before this time next week.  But, you know what?  I wouldn't have it any other way!  


All of those things represent the many ways God has blessed me.  So, while I'm a bit overwhelmed and tired already, I'll be thankful.  But, if you happen to visit my house and see the chaos, could you just try to not judge?  :-)

2 comments:

Aja said...

Birthday weeks are always a bit crazy, aren't they? And your line about you being the only one who can do most everything on your to-do list pretty much sums up being a woman/mom, I think! Good luck on accomplishing all your tasks- I know it will all turn out great!

Anonymous said...

I so feel you! -Mel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails