Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Just waiting...

I am so sad about my computer.  I have a triple back up plan so I should have no issues after my hard drive replacement, right?  My, oh my!  How I wish that were the case.  Instead, after restoring the Time Capsule back up and Carbonite back up, I'm left with over 100,000+ picture in one file with NO organization.  If you are like me, then you probably say 100,000 pictures???  How does one have 100,000 pictures on one computer?


Well, when you use FACES on your Mac, it saves each cropped photo as a file.  And, it also saved every photo that was ever in my trash or deleted.  If I take 20 good pictures in a day, I usually delete 40+ that I didn't want or need to save.  When I took my computer to the Apple store last Tuesday night, I had 25,000 photos on my hard drive.  They were all categorized by date then in a folder for the month they were taken.  That is no longer the case.  The only way to find a picture I want is to look through 100,000.


I'm really bummed.  It's gotten to me.  It is discouraging that I did regular back ups but none of those saved my organization.  Or my videos.  All of my videos are gone because Carbonite doesn't back up videos.  So, unless it is on the blog, I've lost it.  I keep telling myself that this is just "stuff" and in the grand scheme of things going on in our world, this mess is so insignificant.  As I was doing my quiet time this morning, I wrote about it in my prayer journal then felt silly for even praying about that when there are such bigger issues in our world.  But, I'm pretty sure God still cares about the little details of our lives so I prayed about it anyway.  


It is just so overwhelming.  Pictures and blogging is what I do.  It is what I love to do when the boys are in bed.  I'm not a TV watcher but I am a computer person.  Although, this experience has made me think about tossing the computer and watching TV instead.  At least if I miss something there, I can always Netflix it a few months later!!


Until I figure out what to do and how to do it, I'll leave you with pictures of my sweet boys taken on Labor Day.






4 comments:

EMandM said...

I can't imagine how overwhelming that is. Your blog is a blessing in my life. I love to see the boys growing, and your daily adventures.
Mandy

Barb said...

I completely understand your disappointment. So sorry :(

Lesa said...

Oh honey, I totally understand. I have close to 80gb worth of pictures, and I don't know what I would do if I were in your position!

jenny winstead said...

speechless. and heartbroken. that is years worth of organization you can't get back. i'm shocked at carbonite. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails