I was talking to a friend the other day about the yuckiness of life and how sometimes you feel so defeated and so discouraged. She asked how I handled those times. I said "I focus on what I know!" No, not in an academic type of knowledge but in a God type of knowledge. One day last week, I sat down with my journal and wrote "I KNOW" at the top of the page. Then, under that, I started writing all the things I know to be true.
Even if your month hasn't been hard, I think it is a good thing to practice. I challenge you to try it. I'll give you a few of mine just to give you an example.
- He has loved me with an EVERLASTING love. (Jeremiah 31:3)
- I'm blessed with an amazing family
- He will strengthen me, He will uphold me, He will help me. (Isaiah 41:10)
- Christ IN me is the hope of Glory! (Colossians 1:27)
- My God saved the day and His word never fails and I know my God made a way for me! (Song: Salvation is Here- Oddly enough, as I was writing this list that day, this song came on Pandora with these exact words!!)
- He is good and His mercy endures forever! (Psalm 100:5)
- Two little boys depend on their mommy and daddy for security and certainty.
- He is good!
That is just a portion of my list. Honestly, it could go on forever. I added special friends/relationships that I'm certain of. I listed more verses of hope and promise. I added everything I could think of that I know to be absolutely true. And, would you believe that just looking at that list changed my perspective that day? And, you know what? It changed it again today.
What about you? What things do you know to be true regardless of your circumstances? Leave a comment for me!