Friday, September 30, 2011

Adios, September!

Today is the last day of September.  I'm considering staring at my clock until it hits midnight so I can gladly usher in a new month.  September of 2011 has not been kind to our family.  It's been a long, tough month.  But, regardless of circumstances, God has been faithful to us and our love for each other abounds.  So, we press on.  


I was talking to a friend the other day about the yuckiness of life and how sometimes you feel so defeated and so discouraged.  She asked how I handled those times.  I said "I focus on what I know!"  No, not in an academic type of knowledge but in a God type of knowledge.  One day last week, I sat down with my journal and wrote "I KNOW" at the top of the page.  Then, under that, I started writing all the things I know to be true.  


Even if your month hasn't been hard, I think it is a good thing to practice.  I challenge you to try it.  I'll give you a few of mine just to give you an example.


I KNOW...

  • He has loved me with an EVERLASTING love.  (Jeremiah 31:3)
  • I'm blessed with an amazing family
  • He will strengthen me, He will uphold me, He will help me.  (Isaiah 41:10)
  • Christ IN me is the hope of Glory!  (Colossians 1:27)
  • My God saved the day and His word never fails and I know my God made a way for me!  (Song:  Salvation is Here-  Oddly enough, as I was writing this list that day, this song came on Pandora with these exact words!!)
  • He is good and His mercy endures forever!  (Psalm 100:5)
  • Two little boys depend on their mommy and daddy for security and certainty.
  • He is good!
That is just a portion of my list.  Honestly, it could go on forever.  I added special friends/relationships that I'm certain of.  I listed more verses of hope and promise.  I added everything I could think of that I know to be absolutely true.  And, would you believe that just looking at that list changed my perspective that day?  And, you know what?  It changed it again today.  

What about you?  What things do you know to be true regardless of your circumstances?  Leave a comment for me!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I know I am blessed, through my faith and power of prayer I am 6 weeks away from bringing a baby girl into this world, that doctors told me would never happen

EMandM said...

This is a great challenge. It’s amazing how when you choose to believe what we know is true about God, and choose not to believe the enemies lies how the perspective changes. I know that God has called not only Dan, but you into ministry as well. You have been a blessing in my life, and I know that God has put you there. Mandy

4 J's said...

I know that life is hard but Gad gives joy in all circumstances. I may not be happy all the time but my joy in Him lasts forever!

Cristi said...

I know whom I have believed in and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him!

Aja said...

This probably sounds bad, but I know that things could always be worse. I mean, really, in almost any situation I can think of I can end up thinking of another situation that is far worse.

Probably not the most optimistic view, but it helps me gain perspective on those days that I feel like having a little pity party. Instead I remember to count my many, many blessings.

That said, I am glad to see this month end too, friend!

Penny said...

I know that He will never leave us or forsake us~ regardless of my circumstances, regardless of what I can see with my eyes. :) I know also that I am more valuable to him than any other "thing" He created and that He has promised to provide all my needs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails