Monday, August 29, 2011

Another one *MIGHT* bite the dust




Tonight, I drove my trusted companion, Mr. Macbook, to the Apple Store.  He has been my faithful friend since July of 2007.  But, last night, he just gave up.  I guess he was tired.  As I was typing, I realized nothing was happening.  Then, when I tried to use my mouse, nothing happened.  I took a deep breath and kept telling myself it is just a "thing" and life is bigger than things.  Except, that was kind of hard to swallow considering just last week, my other big "thing" fell out the closet and broke.  (My digital SLR camera!!!!)  Both of these items were purchased within months of each other  and now both have failed within days of each other.  I'm bummed!  REALLY bummed!  

I only have one or two unposted blogs saved to post.  After that, unless my laptop comes back to me, I will be dependent just on my phone to blog.  All of my pictures from the MS/LA trip have yet to be blogged.  I sure hope I get my laptop back so that can happen.  But, truthfully, it isn't looking too good.  To quote the girl at the Apple Store, "I'm perplexed...I'm really, really perplexed!"  As I was leaving, she said "I hope you got a good backup before you brought it in tonight."  I explained to her that typically I did but I couldn't even log in (keyboard not working means you can't type passwords) so I couldn't be sure.  She said "too bad!"  Ugh!

She used a USB keyboard and mouse on it so I could at least upload a few things to Mobile Me just in case.  That took an hour.  I salvaged as much as I could and hoped for the best.  I snapped a picture of the computer while it was uploading vacation pictures.  You know, ICOD!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails