Friday, August 26, 2011

Hannah's 3rd Birthday Party

When we came to Stetson in view of a call, I remember standing at a certain spot in the gym when one of the Pastor Search Committee members introduced me to his family.  I remember meeting all of them but especially the cutest little baby girl.  Since that time, that little baby girl has grown up to be a big 3 year old and I'm totally smitten with her...and her family!

We were excited to be part of her 3rd Birthday a few weeks ago.  Although, if you look at the picture below, you won't think we were very excited!!  That picture makes me laugh because he was all smiles until I grabbed my camera and this is what I got.  I guess he was going for the "Look at how much I love my daddy and I'm so safe and secure in his arms" look?!?!

The house was packed with so many of our friends from church. 
Both of my boys love Craig.  Jonah has loved him from the day we moved here.  Micah is following in his footsteps.  But, on this day, the love only went so far!  Check out this picture progression.

Craig scared my poor baby boy!  He went from ALL SMILES to TOTAL HEARTACHE in seconds!  While Craig was traumatizing my baby boy, Dan was in the living room wrestling with all the other boys.  It didn't take Micah long to hear the action and make his way in there.  You know, where mean people don't scare him!!  ;-)
And, no matter where you are, someone always has a phone that is more fun than any other activity.  Elijah's daddy pulled his phone out and totally captivated Elijah and Eli. 
You know you have parents who read to their kiddos when you find a birthday party with several adults reading to kids piled up in their laps.  LOVE IT!

Dan's madness with the kiddos lasted for QUITE a while and was QUITE loud and QUITE hilarious at times. 




Micah was happy to see his best friend Miller there.  I was happy to see Miller's mommy there.  She makes me laugh...A LOT!  I'm so glad these two little ones (who are just 6 weeks apart) are getting to grow up together and spend so much time together.  I pray that my boys will have Christian friends their whole lives who help shape and mold them into the people God wants them to be.  Although, if Milly's mommy keeps telling me stories about him (and certain girls...ahem) I might need to rethink the amount of time they spend together. 

Dan continued to play with the boys while they gasped, giggled and screamed.  At one point, Eli Harper crawled up in his lap, looked him right in the eyes and said "I really love you!"  It was so sweet!

Hannah's party was a Strawberry Shortcake theme.  I told Amy that I usually try to dress my children to somewhat blend with the theme.  I was pretty much out of options on Strawberry Shortcake with two boys!!

The Uppercue family and Robbie, the cupcake holder


Happy Birthday to you, sweet Hannah Uppercue!

It was a fun time for our family with so many friends we think so much of.  What a great night and a special day for a sweet little girl!

1 comment:

Aja said...

I love how Craig is reading to my older child in one picture, and Dan is holding my youngest in another. What was their mommy doing while other adults were caring for them?!? Taking a break! That was a rough night and I am thankful for friends who help me out, especially when Dave is out of town and my kids are wild!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails