Monday, July 4, 2011

MELT. MY. HEART.

There seem to be fireworks all around us.  I'm seeing reflections of them out of every window.  Before putting Jonah to bed, I asked if he wanted to go outside to watch them.  Since the other option was bed, he quickly said yes.  We walked into the front yard and found a seat on the concrete driveway.  The fireworks encircled us.  We oohed and ahhed.  He leaned his head onto my shoulder.  He said "These are the best fireworks I've ever seen!"  I said "Really?  THE BEST?"  (I mean, come on, he has seen Fireworks over the MS River, at ball fields, at the beach and best of all, AT DISNEY!  NO ONE beats Disney fireworks!)  I was a little perplexed so I pushed him more.  "Jonah, how are these the best fireworks?  Do you not remember the other ones?  What about Disney?  Do you remember those?"  He looked up at me and said "I remember Disney but there were so many people there.  This time it is just me and you and that makes it the best!"

5 comments:

Barb said...

That's just precious!

Amanda said...

That's a moment you'll remember forever :)

Penny said...

How sweet! :)

Aunt Debra said...

Awwww! I know your heart is still happy over that one!

Baylee's Mommy said...

Tears..... and he's not even mine! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails