Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fine china and special days

Tonight, on the eve of our 12th anniversary, we hosted a dinner party using our fine china that we received as wedding gifts.  This makes the 3rd time we have used it.  Granted, it stayed in storage for the first several years of our marriage.  Now, I have an actual china cabinet and can easily access it.  Thus the reason it has been used twice in the last five weeks.  But, I can't make any more friends because all I have is 12 place settings and I used all of them tonight!

I'm trying to be more intentional in not saving special things for special moments.  Every day is special.  My friends are special.  My family is special.  Why wait for special occasions to pull out the crystal and silver?  

Tomorrow, I celebrate 12 years with the man I love.  That is a special day.  Maybe we will eat on our fine china.  Maybe we won't.  But, regardless of the dishes we use, the day is special because of the memories of our wedding day and the hope we have for a beautiful future!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails