Friday, April 29, 2011

Our day

I'm waiting to wake Jonah up for a super memorable (and fun, I hope) day. After dropping Micah off to spend the day with a family in our church, (longest time I've been away from him) Jonah and I are meeting two friends and heading to Kennedy Space Center (along with An expected crowd of 750,000) to see the final launch of The Endeavor.

We have seen a launch from Daytona Beach, Titusville and our front yard. This time, thanks to Emily sharing 2 of her 4 VIP passes, we get to watch from the Vehicle Assembly Building on the grounds of KSC. It really is a once in a lifetime experience. Especially since this is the next to last launch...ever and the final launch of Endeavor.

Poor Dan, he is a lover of the space program but will miss it. While I would give him my spot, he is preaching a funeral this morning and singing with the Florida Worship Choir in Brandon, FL after that. So, his day of commitment would not allow him to go.

The launch is at 3:47 this afternoon but due to expected crowds, the 90 minute drive could take 3 hours. And, the drive home is expected to be 4-5 hours. So, we have packed food, a backpack of fun for Jonah and are ready for a full day.

I'm so glad for a special day with my big boy and two friends we both love so much. I love making memories with him. This will probably be a long day with lots of "boring" moments for him, but I hope the actual lift-off experience, at such a close range, is something he never forgets.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Barb said...

It sounds amazing. Sorry the launch got scrubbed. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails