Thursday, March 10, 2011

Micah's 4 month well visit

Micah had his 4 month well visit and shots today. One thing I love about our new pediatrician's office is that we never have had to wait. Our appointment was at 11:00 and I was leaving the waiting room at 11:00 heading to an exam room. Dan got there at 11:02 and we were already in the back.

As you can see from the scale picture, Micah weighed in at 15 pounds and 8 ounces. He is 25 and 1/4 inches long with a head circumference of 16 and 3/4 inches. He was in between the 50th and 57th percentile in all of those so he is very well proportioned.

We have purposely tried to rotate through all of the doctors at this clinic so we know them all in case we have to see them on sick visits. After seeing them all, we will decide which doctor we want to have as our primary. We saw Dr. Landis today for the second time. He makes it very obvious the difference between a male pediatrician and our female Dr. Russ. She is such a mom. He is such a man! I don't mean that negatively but a female pediatrician just gets all the emotion that goes along with a baby. When he told me today that I could start Micah on baby food, I gasped. I don't know what that shocked me? I just looked back at the blog and Jonah had baby food at 4 months too.

Anyway, I said something like "Oh no! I'm not ready for that milestone." Jennifer Russ would have said "I know and told me a story about when she started Chandler or Annie on baby food and what a milestone that was. Dr. Landis said "never mind, don't do it. Just send a bottle and formula with him to college. I'm sure he'll be fine!" HA! (He was totally aiming for funny, by the way...not mean!)


To quote Dr. Landis, "He is perfect! Keep doing what you are doing!" So, we will! He then answered a couple of questions I had, made fun of me a little bit more for being so emotional then headed out with the promise of the nurse returning with injections. Micah immediately made this face! It is as if he understood what that meant.

I picked him up and played with him for a few minutes while we waited on that mean 'ole nurse to come in and stick him. As you can see, he thoroughly enjoyed that.





And, as you can see, he did NOT enjoy the shots. I hate that part but trust it is what is best for him. There are such debates out there about immunizations but each parent has to come to their own conclusion about what is best for their child. After doing my own research and talking to my most trusted medical advisor, we choose to do the immunizations. It does hurt my heart every time.




And, as you can see, he was fine in no time. Just like Jonah always was and just like he did last time. He was just happy to have his mommy and daddy there to make everything better.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Firstly, that little boy is so ridiculously cute. Secondly, I'm so glad you are loving Lake Mary Peds!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails