Monday, December 6, 2010

Micah's 3 week Doctor appointment

Last Monday, Micah had his 3 week appointment with his pediatrician. After just one visit to the doctor with boy boys, I made sure to ask Margie to get Jonah from school so I could be more focused at Micah's visit. We got to the office and it was raining so I decided to crawl to the back to get Micah out of his carrier and just snuggle with him a little bit. We were about 20 minutes early so we certainly had time.

As soon as they called us back, the nurse led us to our exam room and told me to undress him and head to the scales. I was excited to see what this chunky little guy weighed. Yep, 10 pounds and 1 ounce. He weighed 8 pounds and 5 ounces at his 3 day check up a couple of weeks earlier so he was obviously having no problems packing on the pounds. He is still nursing and taking formula. It seems to work well for him and us so we plan to keep doing this as long as we can.


He is in the 75th percentile for weight, height and head. I was thrilled to see his head was on the charts. Jonah has never had one visit with his head on the charts so that was a welcome surprise. That means putting shirts and onesies over his head won't make him cry. AND, that means we can buy hats in the baby department rather then the young men's department.





We saw another doctor on this visit and will see even another one at his 2 month check up. I wanted to cycle through all of the doctors in order to determine the one that we feel fits best with our family. So far, I have been pleased with all of them but NONE have compared to our beloved Docka Russ in Natchez. We miss her every time one of our kids is sick or we have to visit a clinic.

It is such a relief to have a healthy baby boy. I'll admit, I was so concerned and had tons of mommy guilt because of not being able to take those prenatal vitamins. In the 39 weeks of pregnancy, I took about 30 prenatals. I was convinced Micah would have tons of issues because of my inability to swallow the vitamins without throwing up. But, thankfully, God chose to give us a healthy baby in spite of my sickness.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails