Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye, 2010

In just a little while, the clock will strike midnight and the calendar will change to a new year and new decade. I think all the way back to ringing in the year 2000 in downtown Fort Worth. We were somewhat skeptical of Y2K but went anyway. We were young, in love and had such a bright future ahead of us. We had been married less than a year.

I sit in my bed right now watching a Tivoed episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. My dog is asleep beside me. Dan is in the living room working on his sermon for Sunday. Both boys are asleep in their beds. We are now middle aged, still in love and I'm even more hopeful for the future ahead of us. I've never loved Dan more than I do at this moment and I've never been more content.
We will celebrate 12 years of marriage next May.

I probably won't see the clock strike midnight. We, along with our friends from MS who are here, are heading to Jacksonville tomorrow to see the MS State Bulldogs take on some team in Michigan in the Gator Bowl. Tonight, I'm choosing sleep over seeing the ball drop. But, I could not end this year with one last blog post.

This year has been full of special memories and wonderful surprises. This time last year, we were set as a family of three plus one dog. Now, on the other side of my closet wall is a precious little seven week old baby who melts my heart. I adore him and I'm so grateful that God chose to surprise us with little Micah. I look at him and wonder what kind of personality he will have and what God will do through him.



Jonah has amazed us with his educational advancements. He is reading already and retaining so much of what he learns. He has stepped into his role as big brother with great love and pride. I watch him interact with his little brother and my heart just swells. He loves all things Superhero and Star Wars. But, mostly he loves his mommy and daddy. I am so proud of the little boy he is. I can not wait to see how God is going to use his tender heart and love for people.


I never imagined myself as a boy momma! I always just knew I would have a girl. We didn't and these two sweet boys are sometimes more than my heart can take. I look at them and recognize the great gift they are and they incredible responsibility God has given us to raise them. This past year has taught me so much about the role a parent has in the life of their child. Not just in the early years but all of their life. I ask God to help us walk in a way that builds boys so they don't have to be repaired as men. That might be the reason I received four books this year on raising boys. I desperately want to do it right so they march into adulthood with confidence and a strong dependence on God.


2010 was great! 2011 will be better. I do not know what our future holds. But, I'm very confident that the God who does hold our future also holds me. And, because I have set the Lord before me and he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken! (Psalm 16:8)

Happy New Year!


3 comments:

Cristi said...

Beautiful post. God Bless you and Happy New Year.

Cathi said...

This post brought me to tears, it was so beautiful! I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for all of us and am so thankful we're in each others' lives. Happy New Year, Glenn Gang!

Avery's Mommy said...

Great post and beautiful pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails