Friday, December 10, 2010

The Christmas Tree

The week before Thanksgiving, Dan got the tree out of the attic and put it up. I was at Wal-Mart and walked in the door to find the tree up and waiting to be decorated. I was so surprised and very grateful to have that done. The only problem was that neither of us had much desire to actually decorate it. It seemed the only time we had time to stop and do it was when Jonah was already in bed. We didn't want him to miss out on the fun so it just sat empty for a couple of weeks.



My mom loves all things Christmas so when she offered to help do it during her visit, I gladly accepted that offer. I left it for she and Jonah to do Saturday morning. All I did was get on the step stool and hang the ribbon on top. She and Jonah did everything else. I'm thinking I'll let Dan's mom help Jonah take it down when she comes in January! ;-)

The most special ornament we have doesn't look like much of anything else to other people but it holds such memories for us. Click HERE to read about the ornament then scroll down to see Jonah holding it below.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails