Friday, November 26, 2010

Our first family outing

Last Saturday, we ventured out for the first time to do something fun as a family of four. Man, it sure takes longer to get out the door when there is a baby added into the mix. And, I quickly discovered that you move to man to man defense when you have two. Basically, Dan is on Jonah duty and I'm on Micah duty. It has been an odd transition because we are both so used to being hands on with Jonah. I think he is really enjoying all of the daddy time.

Our city has the most amazing downtown area. It is such an active downtown that has so many festivals and events. When we woke up and realized how fabulous the weather was that day, we knew we wanted to be outside doing something fun. AND, since it was an art festival and I knew they had a section for kids to do art, I knew it was a must do for that day. Jonah loves art projects of any kind. And hey, I'm all for someone else having the mess to clean up rather than me! :-)
We weren't there long before Dan spotted the corn dog stand. If you know him at all, you know he loves a corn dog! Especially the kind that comes from fairs and festivals.

We ran into Cathi, Jen and Margie after Dan got his corn dog. Cathi and I were dressed like twins so we had to have a picture.

When we got to the kids section, we ran into our neighbors. Jonah was thrilled to see them because he loves Aaron. Aaron and Jonah are in the same class at school, go to church together and are neighbors. It is a good thing they actually like each other!

Micah slept through most of the event so the significance of our first family outing was totally lost on him. Jonah always asks why he looks mad when he is in his car seat. I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. Each picture I see of him in there does make him look mad. I guess those squishy cheeks just get so squished up that it makes him look mad.


Over the course of the day, we ran into lots of friends from church. It was all of their first time to meet Micah. I loved getting to introduce him to people.
While Dan and Jonah listened to some music on one of the street corners, I found a bench to sit and feed my sweet baby boy. I still have some of the little bottles from the hospital and they are perfect for feedings while we are out and about. Jonah found us soon after we sat down. He was happy to be back with his brother again.
And this is how he spent much of the day. We kept the stroller canopies closed as much as possible when we were around groups of people. Jonah kept sticking his head in there to make sure he was still there.

It was a fun day for us to be with both boys in the middle of a town that we love so much!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails