Thursday, November 4, 2010

Counting down the hours

My days of being mommy to one precious boy are coming to a close. In just a few short days, my eyes will see this little life that has grown inside of me for the past 39 weeks. Dan and I are so excited to meet Micah and to introduce him to his big brother. Most of all, I'm excited about him being on the outside of me rather than the inside. To say this has been a rough pregnancy would be an understatement. I can hardly wait to have that part of the journey behind me.

Assuming nothing happens sooner, Micah will officially join our family on Tuesday, November 9. I go back to the doctor at 10 on Monday, November 8 to determine if I will be admitted the the hospital that night or early the next morning. It all depends on the progress I have made up until that point. Since I am still throwing up, it seems Micah might be losing some of his weight so we made the decision to induce a few days before his actual due date. He is in no immediate danger but this will just help him retain some of the fat on his little body rather than losing it over the next couple of weeks while waiting to be born.

We would certainly welcome his entrance sooner than that but at least have a date in mind now and have something to plan towards. We will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Penny said...

Both of these portraits are beautiful~ like the others. Love the second one. :) I, too, can't wait to see Micah on the outside. lol

Barb said...

Great, pics, and I can't wait to get the notice that Micah is finally here!

destinmimi said...

Oh yay!! I know y'all are so excited and ready for him to be here!! Praying for a safe,normal delivery and a healthy baby!! Can't wait for pics!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails