Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Way back WHENsday

Today, Jonah will have surgery to remove the tube that was placed in his ear when he was just 9 months old. It is almost unheard of for a tube to still be in place after this long but one of Jonah's is. So, we have an appointment with an ENT at the surgery center and he has to be sedated for a 5 second surgery. Yep, 5 seconds and $1100 later, the tube will be removed and he will begin the 6 month recovery process for that ear. Then, I'm quite sure we will have to have tubes inserted again.

So, in honor of today, I thought I'd post pictures from April, 2007 when Jonah had his tubes placed. It broke my heart to hand my 9 month old baby boy over to them but he did great then and I'm sure he will do great again today! You can read all about that day but clicking HERE.





3 comments:

Penny said...

No wonder he loves Lammy so much~ he's been through surgery with him. :)
Such a cute 9 month old.
I remember crying as I handed Shelbi over to have her tubes put in. She was almost 13 months. :(

Denise Darnell Davis said...

Seems like this was just yesterday! Hope all goes well today!

Brandy said...

This reminds me again to be thankful for how blessed we have been with Mia's good ears. Give Jonah love for us and tell him we are thinking about him. Mia can't wait to see him if you guys are able to make it over after the baby.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails