Sunday, October 10, 2010

MS/LA Visit: Day Four

Tuesday morning in Vidalia began with Sue and Jonah doing more projects. He will sit at a table and do any sort of project for hours on end. He even quizzed Sue on his sight words. She got them all.
Jonah went to B's house to play while Sue, Tammy and I had lunch at Mammy's Cupboard. I was seriously craving one of their Reuben sandwiches and Blueberry Lemonade. YUMMY! It hit the spot and was just what I wanted. I ate there so much when I was pregnant with Jonah that Sue said I should name him Reuben!
We picked Jonah up and went to visit a few more friends in Vidalia. Our first stop was at Art & Vera's house. We spent so many days in the pool at their house so I was intrigued to see it during the process of the liner being replaced. Jonah could not understand why we couldn't swim. Umm, maybe the lack of water???



After leaving there, we headed over to visit the McKinney's and Ms. Sally. Jonah was pretty wiped out by the time we got there. It is so tiring getting in and out of the car visiting people all day. I was proud of him though. He was quite the trooper!
I sent a text to Jennifer Russ that morning to see what her day looked like. I knew that Tuesday is the day she is solo at the clinic because Dr. Weary is off. She wanted to do lunch but we already had plans so she told me to stop by anytime. Jonah was BEYOND excited about seeing her. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, he said "This is where I came to see my Docka Russ when she always made me feel better if I was sick!" We rounded the corner and he just ran into her arms. So very precious!

After leaving there, we made a trip to Mamaw and Papaw Chandler's house. We were glad to see Jordan and Addi there too. This momma's heart swelled when Jonah played with sweet Addi. He was over the moon in love with her. He just giggled and begged to hold her more. At one point, he rubbed her feet and in such a sweet voice said "Look at those tiny feet!" Oh, it gave me such hope for how much he will love Micah. He was completely smitten with that baby girl!






Greg and Cindy called that morning to see if we would like to have a fish fry over at the Welch's that night. I love Greg's fish and all of their fixin's so I was IN! They were also nice enough to set up the targets so they could shoot bows for Jonah to retrieve the arrows. That has always been one of his favorite things to do.


Jonah knows that he is supposed to stand behind the shooters until all the arrows have been shot. Then, once the bows are put down, he can run to pull the arrows out. Eli is still a little young to understand that so we told Jonah to hold his hand and tell him when it was time to run. He grabbed his hand and they were just as content as could be. It was so sweet to look at them several times over the night and still see those hands locked.

This picture of us with our boys makes my heart smile. God blessed me so much in Vidalia when he moved Amanda there. We both grew up with two brothers and no sisters so we quickly bonded and became the best of friends. Moving away from her was quite difficult. It was made even more evident as I watched our boys play and love each other.









I tried to get pictures of Jonah with everyone before the night was over. I want him to know and love all the people who invested so much into the first few years of his life. These people prayed for him, celebrated his birth and accepted him as part of their family. I'm so grateful we got to share some time with all of these special Vidalia friends again before Micah arrives. We also took a picture with Gertrude, my big corn plant that sadly had to be left behind. She is obviously thriving under Belinda's care because she looked better than when I left her!

It was another great day with our sweet friends in Vidalia. Jonah loved the attention and I loved seeing him with people that love him so much.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm loving all your posts. I wish you guys could come back!!! The pictures of Jonah and Eli are too sweet for words and when I see the one of the four of us, it just makes me smile. God has truly blessed both of us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails