Saturday, October 30, 2010

Micah's Room

Minus a few last minute things still needed (baskets, clothes hamper, etc) it is safe to say Micah's room is complete. Although, looking at these pictures, show me some things I need to change. For instance, I need to move the chest about 6 inches to the right so there isn't so much brown curtain on brown chest when you look. A little green from the wall will help break up the brown. Anyway, like I said, seeing these pictures helps me see things I haven't noticed. Actually, after posting Jonah's room pictures, I moved several things because it looked so crowded in the pics.

It kind of blends in with the wall, but Micah's Diaper bag from Pops and NeNe is sitting in front of the window. It appears I did it to match his room but that was never the intention. I just liked the brown and green.

I needed some shelf space for pictures, etc. so I was happy to see these shelves at Target. Currently, there are framed pictures from Jonah's birth in the frames because we used the same frames for his room. I've got a small basket under there with some of Micah's toys. Those have become Jonah's favorite toys lately. It is funny to see just how much 0-3 month toys entertain a 4 year old.
His closet is organized and ready for him. The upper left is all blankets Micah has received. None of those are from Jonah's baby days. I'm pretty sure we will never have to search for a blanket. Several are hand made and so precious. Our pile of diapers are on the upper right. I've used gift cards to purchase more but know those are only a dent of what we will need. Before Jonah, I would have thought those would last us a couple of years. HA!

Seeing the car seat and stroller reminded me today that we should probably have that installed already. I think Jonah's was in the car a month or so before he was due. I'm really hopeful Dan will do that in the next day or so just so I can scratch one more thing off of my list. That list seems to be growing by the day and I don't seem to be scratching much off of it. Eeks!
I'm still in love with the vinyl wall art I purchased from Etsy. I love that each time we change his diaper, we will be reminded of that special verse. While we have claimed that verse for Micah, we know that is true for every good thing God has given us. We live such blessed lives and do not take that for granted. And, speaking of the changing table, many people don't really use them but we do. To the best of my recollection, until Jonah was old enough to go to his room to grab a diaper and some wipes for us, we never changed him on the floor. We always walked to his room to use his changing table. So, it is a must have for us.
I was a little unsure when we bought the red recliner/rocker for his room but like it more and more each time I go in there. I especially like how comfortable it is. It matches the red in his bedding perfectly even though it has an orange tint in these pictures. On each side of the chair, you can see two baskets. There is a basket full of board books ready to be read to him and then another basket full of bibs and burp cloths.
I'm still looking for a rug for the center of the room but haven't found what I want yet. The painting over his bed was done by my friend Kathy and I think it looks great. Ideally, it would be much lower to towards the crib but we went ahead and hung it where it wouldn't have to be moved as Micah grew. We put Jonah in the crib on his knees and told him to reach as high as he could. We then put the bottom of the painting right above where his fingers were.
We still need to put his mobile up and put a few things together but overall, it is done. Now, he just needs to hurry up and get here so he can be the final touch.

1 comment:

Audra Laney said...

It looks great, Nicki! I love the colors you chose as well as the verse for Micah. Perfect!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails