Thursday, October 28, 2010

Family Lunch

At this very moment, my cousin Brandy is about to deliver her second baby by C-Section. She is in a hospital just two hours from me which is very odd because I've always lived 12+ hours from her. Now that we live in Florida, we are very close to that part of family. I can't be there today because my doctor won't let me go further than 1 hour away from my hospital. So, I have to wait a little bit longer to meet Bella. By that time, Micah will be here and we will both have new babies to introduce to each other.

Since Brandy had to have an emergency section with Mia, her first baby, this baby was a scheduled section. That sure made it easy to plan. My grandmother from Jackson flew in on Monday to be here for the birth. My cousin TJ, Brandy's brother, flew in from Nashville. There was no way my doctor would let me go all the way to Tampa to see them so my aunt came up with the idea for me to meet them in Orlando when she and TJ came to pick up Granny from the airport.

I got Jonah from school a little early and we headed west to meet them. I have not seen TJ in almost 3 years. He graduated from Pharmacy School at UF then moved near Kansas City. He recently completed his MBA and took a job in Nashville. He and I have always been super close because we are obviously the smart ones in the family. Wait, him...not me so much! :-) So I was excited to see him and let Jonah spend some time with him.



It was a quick trip to Orlando and back but well worth the time to visit with my family. As I typed the last sentence, I got a text from Brandy's hubby with a picture of Miss Bella Grace Ramos. She was born at 7:57 a.m. and weighs 5 pounds, 13 ounces. Congrats Brandy and Mitch and big sister Mia. Can't wait to meet Miss Bella!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails