Saturday, July 31, 2010

The camera

Jonah was so easy to shop for this year. He is interested in so many things and it was hard to nail down just a couple for us to give him. I put most of them on his Amazon.com wish list and his friends/family came through for him and got him TONS of gifts/games/movies/art projects that he loves. We have had so much fun playing with him and his new toys. I love birthday time!

One of the gifts we gave him was a digital camera. I had a hard time making this decision because a couple of years ago when he showed such great interest in taking pictures, I bought him the Fisher Price Kid Tough Camera. We used it a couple of days then sent it back to Amazon. I know it is made for little kids to drop and all, but the picture quality was so incredibly low that you couldn't use the pictures for anything. I wanted to be able to post some of his pictures and print them for him.

Since then, I have looked at every new kids camera that is out there. The same was true over and over again. They were made for durability over functionality. Since Jonah has been very careful with camera, we decided to buy him an inexpensive regular camera. The ones made for kids are all around $50. I found a Polaroid Digital camera on sale for $20 that takes 5 mp photos and has video.

We decided to give it to him the day before his party so he could learn to use it. He LOVED it!



He is taking 60+ pictures a day. Most are unusable but he is learning. I'll do a post soon to show you some of his work.

1 comment:

Aja said...

So THAT'S what he was telling me about in Sunday School. He kept talking about "his" camera, but I couldn't imagine he had his own. I should have known better! He is such a responsible little boy :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails