Saturday, June 26, 2010

He makes me smile!

Jonah was having a hard time going to sleep tonight so I went into his room and got in his bed with him. I was rubbing his back and he said "let's talk about stuff, okay?" I asked what he wanted to talk about and he chose firetrucks. My knowledge of firetrucks is very limited so after about a minute and a half, I quickly changed the subject. I asked him what the best part of his day was. He said "seeing Papaw, NeNe, Taylor and Kassi." I reminded him that he didn't see them today but he insisted he did. When I asked him how he saw them, he said "it's easy mommy, I just close my eyes and they are there!" So very sweet!

The subject changed to baby Micah and Jonah asked all sorts of questions about the baby. Somehow Micah's birth came up and I told him that when it was time for Micah to be born that he would go to Mr. Frank and Mrs. Margie's house for all sorts of fun. Then, they will bring him to the hospital to see me, daddy and Micah. He raised his head off the pillow and said "HOSPITAL? WHAT HOSPITAL?" I told him the name of the hospital and he quickly said "Why does Micah get to be borned in a hospital?" I thought he was upset that he wouldn't be there and that we would be away from him. I asked why he didn't want Micah to be born in a hospital. He quickly responded "Jesus had to be born in a stable so Micah should too!"

LOVE. THAT. KID.

2 comments:

Kassi Randall said...

I love him too! That is so sweet! I wish we could be there with ya'll. As soon as we left I wanted to come back. Give Jonah a hug from me and tell him that I miss and love him! (:

Melissa Craft Stewart said...

Hello Nikki! I am thrilled to hear that you are expecting another addition to your family! What a huge blessing! Sending big hugs your way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails