Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Way back WHENsday

On this week in 2007, our little family got on an airplane headed to Orlando, FL for our first family vacation. Jonah was just nine months old. We didn't choose Disney for him. We chose Disney because it was a place we could enjoy and take him along. We didn't want to have a family vacation without him. My aunt lives in Tampa and offered to keep him some during our trip so Dan & I could have some grown-up time at the parks.

Still to this day, people will say "I can't believe you took a baby to Disney World" or "He won't remember any of that trip" or "I'd never waste that much money on a trip with a 9 month old!" I said it then and I'll say it now, he may not remember one moment of the trip, but I will never forget watching him experience it. There were moments on that trip that I literally felt my heart would bust out of my chest. These are a few pictures from our 7 days there.
















4 comments:

Barb said...

And that was just the beginning of Jonah's love of Disney World...

LOVE the pic of him trying to eat Minnie's nose! :)

winstead family said...

precious. precious. PRECIOUS!

Penny said...

I hate to admit it, but before grandchildren, I would have been one of those naysayers. :(
Now, I know it's not just about the kids~ it's like the song says "You're gonna miss this." I know now that I did not store up enough memories with my kids~ for them or me. I hope I rectify that with the grands. That's what they're all about~ God giving us second chances. =)
LOVE the pictures especially the last few and the one where he's tasting Mickey's nose. lol

Audra Laney said...

You've been nominated for a blog award on my blog, but please don't feel obligated to participate. Just wanted you to know I directed people your way. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails