Wednesday, December 9, 2009

ICE at the Gaylord

Granny and Granddaddy came to visit for an early Christmas a couple of weeks ago. They got here the Friday night after Thanksgiving. Dan and his dad got up early the next morning to play golf while Linda, Jonah and I hung around the house. When they got home a little after lunch, we all headed to Orlando to see ICE at The Gaylord Palms. I found a shirt I bought on clearance for Jonah last year that was just perfect for the occasion. The exhibit was a chilly 9 degrees.

I also took a coat I bought that same day. I never imagine I would not need a thick winter coat for him. But, at least he got to wear it at least once. The coat was $50 originally (it is SUPER thick) but was marked down to $4.99 at The Children's Place. My boss actually found it for me. Before you went into the exhibit, they showed a quick film about the making of the exhibit. Jonah and Dan were obviously enthralled at this point.

It didn't take long for Jonah to lose his coat because he was burning up and for Dan to start checking the score of the MS State/Ole Miss ballgame score.

After the video, we got in line for our Parkas. None of the adults dressed too warm because I read online that they provide Parkas and require you to wear them.

Jonah kept his heavy black coat on but before we stepped inside, we put a blue parka on him also. He wasn't happy at first because it was so confining but he quickly warmed up to the idea. (pun totally intended!)


Pictures really don't do this exhibit justice. It was absolutely amazing!! Josh and Amanda went to the Gaylord in Dallas to see theirs. It was a GRINCH theme. As you know, Jonah LOVES the Grinch so I hope they get that one here soon. My friend Jeff (who works for Gaylord) says it was in Nashville last year. Hopefully Orland is next!






I posted these pictures to Facebook the night we went and Dan got lots of comments about his "purse!" HA! Sorry babe! He was kind enough to hold my camera bag so I could hold my camera. I just got a new flash for my SLR (amazing color, huh?) and it makes my camera much more bulky. So, please disregard Dan's purse from this point forward. :-)











My most favorite picture of the day. Jonah is such a "smile on command" kid that when his smile is genuine for a picture it just melts my heart. Especially when he is with his mommy in that picture.


Funny sign. It made us laugh. "When your nose gets kinda runny, some people think it's funny. But it's SNOT! Please take a tissue!" HA!
I know Jonah's face looks miserable in the last picture but he is blowing his hot chocolate to cool it off. Apparently, blowing is a technique he has not mastered.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Great pictures! I saw Amanda's too and would love to go. Unfortunately, it's nowhere near here. The nativity is my favorite sculpture. So pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails