Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Drama

Nothing makes me laugh like Dan getting frustrated. You have to understand, my sweet hubby does not have a temper and rarely gets his feathers ruffled. So, when it does happen, all I can do is laugh. Tonight has been a comedy of errors at our house and I can't quit laughing. It is currently 11:57 p.m. and little has gone right here. I'll give you a quick run down of the drama.

One of our traditions is to buy a children's Christmas book to give to Dan on Christmas eve for him to open and read to our child. We started this before Jonah and it has been a fun tradition since. This year, I only read the cover of the book when I got it. I neglected to open it and look at. Dan opens it (2 hours after Jonah's normal bedtime) to read him the quick story and the book was a novel! Seriously, the pages were full of text from top to bottom. It would take a couple of hours to read that. I had to go dig a book out from his first Christmas that the Hibbs' gave him instead.

Dan always gives me an ornament on Christmas eve. I opened what he thought was beautiful silver star ornament to find a MACY's inscribed ornament instead. So much for a non-commercial holiday.

We put reindeer food out, put cookies and milk out for Santa, decorated a John Deere tree and then got the sweet little boy in bed. I set out to make breakfast casserole while Dan put Santa toys together. He got the first one out, put batteries in it only to discover it didn't work. Umm...problem!

He pulled a wrapped toy from the tree that was to be from us and started putting it together only to discover it required 3 D batteries. We only had 2. (Note to self: make sure we buy batteries before Christmas Eve next year!!!)

In the midst of all of that, I browned my sausage and had everything in the pan for breakfast casserole. I poured the cheese from the bag into the dish only to discover it was moldy. Yep, not set to expire until February but it had already bitten the dust.

It is now 12:07 a.m. and the Glenn household is no where ready for a certain 3 year old to wake up but I'm certainly in the Christmas spirit. Hey, this is what memories are made of, right???

Oh, and to top things off, our awesome Worship leader just delivered batteries to our house at 12:10 a.m. on Christmas morning. Does he deserve a raise or what???

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails