Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Cards 2009

I had grand plans to use the fabulous DeLand photographer phenom, Melody Dowdy for our Christmas cards but way too many things got in the way of that. Meetings, sickness, wardrobe issues and timing all kept us from becoming Melody's latest masterpieces. So, I had to come up with a last minute plan. I wanted to do something that played on our move to Florida. Disney was too obvious so I went for the beach.

Our plans were to go one afternoon around 5:00 p.m. when the lighting would be perfect but I never had an extra set of hands for that time of day. When Dan's mom was here mid-November, she wanted to see Daytona Beach so I grabbed all of his clothing options and headed out. The only problem was the time of day. We got to the beach at noon. That is NOT the optimal time to photograph outside due to shadows and lighting. But, I got somethings that did work...I just wish we had gone later in the day. Oh well, it was a memory and a cutie like this can't help but take great photos!

Since my cards have gone out, I decided to show you a few (or 30) of my favorite shots from that day. At some point in the near future, I will scan our actual Christmas card so you can see it too!































3 comments:

Baylee's Mommy said...

Love them all! He looks like a Gap Kids model! ;)

Barb said...

I know I say this all the time, but Jonah is just way too adorable for his own good. Can't wait to see the actual Christmas card!

Anonymous said...

unbelievably cute!! love them.Diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails