Monday, August 10, 2009

Looking back...

I went back tonight and watched the video from Cardboard Testimonies at church last month. While I was on Youtube, the video that Dan made from Jonah's birth popped up. I watched it. I cried! Wow! That seems like only yesterday but also seems like a lifetime ago. We were so happy to share the day with three of the four grandparents, one great grandparent and a whole crew of church members!

Watching this video brings back so many memories of special things from that day. I prearranged for only the grandparents and my precious friend Amanda to come back to meet Jonah at first. I wanted the grandparents to have the first look at him. I'm so glad I did that. Amanda was there to document the whole thing in pictures. I love that our parents did not have to worry with a camera but could just enjoy the moment.

I also love the portion of the video where Jonah is passed from grandparent to grandparent and then on to church members. It is so symbolic of his little life. He is so connected to people here and truly thinks they are his family. I love that he loves so freely and is loved by so many people.

Another favorite thing is the constant smile on our faces. We were unbelievably happy and blown away by just how wonderful the whole day was.


Dan edited this did such a wonderful job. It really is one of the best gifts he has ever given me. He compressed hours of video into one nine minute segment with two songs. LOVE IT! And, just in case you haven't seen it, feel free to enjoy with me!

4 comments:

Penny said...

I watched it again, just because I loved it. I have very little of my babies on video--- only what others took. You are very blessed. =)

Audra said...

Great video! What a great gift!

Baylee's Mommy said...

I have seen it at least 3 times...cried each and every time. So touching. He is definately one special little boy and loved by MANY!

NeNe said...

Amazing - loved watching it again! We love you guys so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails