Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birthday with the Biglanes

Wednesday night after church, Jonah and I walked across the street to the Biglane's house so he could open his birthday gift from them. They knew Dan was going to be at camp all last week, so they told us to come over one night. Jonah happily received his birthday gift and was so sweet to them for giving him a gift.



He was especially excited when he discovered a laptop from them. He said "It is just like my mommy and daddy has. He then convinced Pat to go to the dining room table to "work with him."

After just a few minutes, I realized Pat and Jonah were doing circles around the house. I'm not sure who was having more fun. There were lots of giggles and much sadness when it was time to go. As we were getting ready to leave, he asked Pat if they could go back to the bedroom and get that "brown thing." They came back with a violin. Jonah was pretty intrigued with the thing. I was just nervous he would drop it.

Be sure to notice his finger in the next picture. He was holding up his finger to say that he wanted "just one piece of candy." Mommy said no. The Biglanes said yes. Guess who won? HA!

A funny story to end this post. Thursday night, when I got home from work, I told Jonah we could do anything he wanted. He had a tough week because of Dan being gone and I tried to do a lot of special things for him. So, when I asked him what he wanted to do, I expected the pool or riding his bike or something like that. But, instead, he said "call Mrs. Karen and see if Mr. Pat can come outside to play!" HA!

I love how so many adults have invested in the life of my little boy. He thinks that adults live for his enjoyment. It is so sweet to watch his face when he sees adults that love him. His little eyes light up and that big smile covers his whole face. I love it!

2 comments:

Chris, Jana & Noah said...

Mr. Pat was Tink's old boss when she worked at the Port! That's funny!

Avery's Mommy said...

omg love what he said about mr. pat coming out to play. they are too very sweet people. i've always loved their house and dreamed of buying it one day. maybe one day he can call avery to come out and play :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails