Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Let Me Hold You Longer

My friend Kaysha posted a video tonight of one of my favorite authors reading a book she wrote. I watched the video...and cried! The video is six minutes long and definitely worth the watch. It made me realize I do such a good job of documenting all the firsts of Jonah's life but I never stop to think about the lasts. I wonder how different I would have felt had I known that I was giving Jonah his last bottle or changing his last diaper. And, I wonder how I would act if one day I put Jonah down for a nap and realize it is his last mid-afternoon nap. What a sweet, sweet book! I WILL be ordering this one! Watch this, but grab some tissue first! :-)


7 comments:

Penny said...

Kind of like the song, "You're Gonna Miss This" huh?
That is sweet and precious and I'll have to buy one for Sarah to read to Leon! I hope she's smarter than her mom and tries harder than I did to hold on to every moment and memory! =)

destinmimi said...

What a wonderful book! I will buying it for all of my girls. Thanks for sharing!

Audra said...

You're right. It was worth all 6 minutes.

Sugar's Mommy said...

Ok, I think I could have made it through the night without that. I don't want to even think about those moments. I'd like to live in denial as long as possible. I'm kidding of course. I think about how quickly the time is passing ALL too often. That's why I take so many pictures and videos. I'll have to get this book too. It would be a good graduation or wedding gift some day. Thanks for sharing this.

Cristi said...

OMG Nikki, I thought I would be smart and save a few minutes and put on my makeup while listening to this. Ummm, that didnt work out so well. MY "last" baby is starting his senior year in a matter of weeks. OK well, let me go start over in the makeup department. LOL

winstead family said...

hyperventilating crying over here....
*orders book.

Amanda said...

I had delayed watching this video because I knew I would cry...yup...bawling like a baby over here. What a sweet book! It's a must have for my library :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails