Friday, July 3, 2009

Fathers Day

Don't be confused! We haven't added a little girl to our family. That is Hannah Hargon and she was dedicated to God (along with 11 other babies) on Father's Day. She has been a mommy's girl the last several months but when they walked in that morning, she reached for me. So, I took her to my pew and she spent the first part of the service next to me. I took my camera with me in hopes of capturing some shots of our friends babies being dedicated. But, at the last minute, Dan realized he needed me to hand out Bibles and certificates to the parents. Our nursery coordinator was out that day so I did that for him and missed the opportunity to take pictures. So, fast forward through the entire service and that leads us to Jonah seeing his daddy for the first time on Father's Day.
I got him from the nursery then headed straight for the sanctuary. He was more than happy to tell his daddy "happy fathers day, i love you!" He loves his daddy and runs to him full speed when he sees him.

Then, at some random moment, he decided he needed "some money!" He happened to mention that to Beppa so she sent him to find Cliff. And, fortunately, Cliff gave him some money for his pocket.




After church, we got in our car and headed to Baton Rouge. Dan had a 5 p.m. flight to Louisville so we planned to do lunch together then take him to the airport. We were a little short on time so we went to the food court at the Mall of Louisiana. That was just fine with Jonah because he loves the carousel. That is great motivation to get him to eat. We make him eat before he gets to ride. (Be sure to notice his shirt!)














Dan has been looking for a new messenger bag for his laptop. We hoped to find one at the Apple store. Dan did not find one he liked but Jonah sure did. He picked out a few. He really wanted his daddy to get a red one. His daddy declined!

We got to the airport and I made the decision not to get out of the car and go inside. I thought that might make it harder for Jonah to say goodbye. So, we pulled to the departing flights lane and said our goodbyes from the car. Jonah did not cry...I did! We planned ahead and brought a bag full of goodies that Dan could hand him as we pulled off. It worked like a charm. We should have thought about a goody bag for me. :-)



Jonah and I drove home and arrived at MeMaw and B's house just in time for a fish fry! We got to enjoy a great Father's Day meal without our father. But, that was okay because we spent it with other men who certainly take a father role with Jonah. I have mentioned before how appreciative we are for the adults who take on the grandparent role with Jonah. Three of those men (Cliff, Tim and Greg) are all pictured in this Father's Day post and I think that is so appropriate. They have stepped in to be "grandpa" or "uncle" on many occasions. Jonah knows them as friend. He loves, adores, respects and idolizes these men. (And, at many times, I think they feel the same!) We are so blessed to have them in our lives.
Here are a couple of videos I took on the morning of Father's day. Enjoy!

video

video

2 comments:

Audra said...

Nicki, you are so funny!

Aunt Debra said...

When he is happy, he is happy "all over" - down to his bones. When he is uphappy, he also puts everything into it. I am glad he is rarely unhappy because it breaks my heart. I know he got happy again after this, so all is okay.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails