Friday, July 31, 2009

Decorating and more gifts

Decorations were much more low-key this year than the past two years. There is only so much you can do with a large gym. I actually did have plans to pull out my CRICUT and make things for the tables and a few things for the walls. Lack of time made that not happen. Dan, as always, was a trooper. He did everything I asked of him all the while working on 36 pages of papers that were due for his D.Min. They weren't due until today but he wanted to finish them and get them in the mail before leaving for camp.

Sue stopped by after work to see if she could help with anything. I was so glad. She helped me get all the candy bars wrapped and water bottles wrapped. I ordered labels to match Jonah's party invitation and thank you notes. They were super cute but required a couple of hours of time.







David and Linda got to town about the time Sue was leaving. We put them right to work too. They helped us make banners for the baby play area and treat bag bar.

We finished everything that could be done then headed home for some Popeyes chicken and more gifts from Granny and Granddaddy. Somehow, I ended up with only this one picture. I hurt my knee earlier in the week and being on the hard gym floor for several hours had not helped. I was in significant pain by the time we got home so I missed a few photo opportunities with those gifts.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Are you using Mom's trick for the pic of Sue? LOL! She's so funny :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails