Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What Beth needed to know

On Monday or Tuesday of last week, Beth Moore made an appeal on her blog. She asked all wives of Ministers to leave a comment on her blog and finish this sentence. "Beth, I think you should know..."

She said since she isn't the wife of a minister, she needed some help knowing what some of the big issues are. She ended up getting over 325 comments in less than 24 hours. She used some of them in a video form to open each session. She posted the three videos on her blog today. I'm SO glad because Hope and I were trying to explain them to our husbands and our explanations didn't do these justice. The comments from wives are very poignant, humorous, sad, painful and yet so very real. I've posted them here so you can see them also.




The Life of a Ministers Wife - part 1 from stephen proctor on Vimeo.


The Life of a Ministers Wife - part 2 from stephen proctor on Vimeo.


The Life of a Ministers Wife - part 3 from stephen proctor on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Beppa said...

Wow...I watched them again. What a great way for Bethmoore to connect with the wives. Painful, but some of them are sooo funny and all so true, you must have all left there feeling like you were all kindred spirits!

Jami Ainsworth said...

Wow..again. I just watched all three as tear stream down my face. I know that feeling of tired and I guess I didn't think you (pastor's wife) felt it so. All this time I was thinking you must be super woman...super wife, super mom...You know what I mean. You so seem to have it together...not that you don't...I just feel like I don't lately...I need God to show me how to balance my life. You pray for me on that and I will pray for you and your struggles. So many things I never really thought of...like jealousy too...that would probably get to me too. Thanks for sharing this. Now I am going to read part 3. I have so enjoyed you sharing the conference. I agree with Beppa, I am sure it was great sharing that feeling of kindred spirits with all the other wives! That's best part of a photography conference...feeling like these people really know my pain!

amber said...

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing that! Ever since I have always said that I don't think that I would make a good wife to a doctor or a preacher ~ They work too much! :) Sounds like you had an awesome time! I enjoyed reading all the blogs..thanks for sharing!Amber

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails