Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Impromptu Picnik

Ever had an insane weekend? We just experienced one. Without going into a lot of detail, we ended up letting someone borrow Dan's car. He left for meetings at the church at about 3:30 on Sunday. He had to take my car. Well, his car showed back up at home around 5:30 p.m. Around 7:00, Jonah looked at me and very sweetly asked for some chicken. Normally, I would fix him something else but he was so precious and kind when he asked. So, I obliged. I was just going to run through the drive-thru so I let him keep his PJ's on and didn't make him wear shoes.

He got so excited and kept saying "thanks for my chicken, mommy, thanks!" It really was so very sweet. Well, we get to the car only to discover there was no car seat. When Dan let them borrow his car, he removed the car seat. When I told Jonah we couldn't go, he cried his little heart out. I felt REALLY, REALLY bad. So, I put him in the center of the backseat, buckled him in and drove 1 mile per hour for the half mile trip to the church. I would never have done that had we needed to get on the main highway. But, since, it was just right up the road from us, I did it. That says a lot if you know how I am about car seats!!! I'm a safety freak!!!

When we got to the church, I ran in to give Dan my keys to his car since his key was at home from when his car was returned. I moved Jonah to my car, buckled him in and off to McDonald's we went. We arrived back home and I struggled to carry Jonah (remember, no shoes!), the food, my purse and his drink inside. As I get to the door, I realize my house key was on the keyring I gave to Dan. We were locked out! AND, it was bedtime!!! By this time, it was almost 8 p.m. so I knew Dan had to be close to finishing his meetings.

So, I did what any good mom would do. I put the seats down in the back of the van and we had an impromptu picnic. (minus ketchup which was a whole other issue!!!)


The video is kind of dark but when I saw Dan drive up, I flipped it on just to catch Jonah's reaction.

video

2 comments:

amber said...

Looks like fun! I am a safety freak and a bedtime advocate, too! :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog about Jackson! :)

Cristi said...

You know whats funny is, you didnt have your keys, but you had that camera! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails