Monday, March 2, 2009

Family Fun

Last Saturday was the first day in a long time that we had absolutely NOTHING on our schedule. When I woke up, I knew I wanted to do something fun and different with Jonah. So, I looked through some of his things that have been put away and found his Melissa & Doug musical instrument set. He got it for his birthday last July but we kept it out in hopes of him learning about the instruments and taking care of them.

So, we opened the box and took each instrument out, showed him how to use it and taught him the official name. He had a BLAST. We sat in the floor and played with these instruments for HOURS. My hope is that he inherited musical talent and ability from his father. If he got my musical genes then he doesn't have much of a chance.








Poor Max had a TERRIBLE experience while Jonah learned to played his new instruments. The noise, m...I mean music was about more than he could handle. Fortunately, Dan stepped in to save the day to give him some much needed attention and love.
I made pancakes for breakfast that morning. I made Jonah's in the shape of airplanes. He was super impressed with that. (I kinda was too!!!)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Your title made me think of something...are you getting your copy of Family Fun magazine now? Just wanted to make sure.

Barb said...

I think Dan looks like he was having just as much fun as Jonah.

Calley said...

WHat a fun Sat! I hope we have a stay at home Sat very soon! Looks like you guys had a very relaxing one.

Regina and David said...

Love the airplane pancakes! How cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails