Tuesday, February 24, 2009

YAY for Blogger!!!

Many of you longtime readers will remember the day I had to switch from ALL ABOUT JONAH to THE GLENN GANG in January of 2008. I was really bummed because I wanted a blog that would grow with our family. But, I had reached FULL storage capacity for photos so I had to either quit posting pictures and just write or change blogs. While I would be fine with writing, I'm well aware that none of my readers come here to see what I have to say. As a matter of fact, one reader tells me I write way too much and that no one reads it, so I should just post pictures! :-)

So, we made the switch to a brand new blog and left the old one behind. By the way, this is a great time for a commercial for those of you starting blogs. DO YOUR BEST not to name your blog after your child. Because, when you have another child, you'll have to start a new blog because you can't change the name. You can always change your blog title but not the blog address.

Anyway, I found out yesterday that I could import the old blog into the new one. So now, every post dating back to the week before Jonah was born is archived on this blog. If you want to read any of the older posts, just scroll down until you see OLDER POSTS then click on the year you want to see. I'm having to go back and do a little tweaking of the first year. It is going to take me some time to finish but when I started blogging, Blogger didn't allow titles of the posts. So, I'm going in to each post and creating labels and titles.

I'm sure this probably isn't a big deal to anyone but me (and my friends who look back to see what Jonah was doing at the age their babies are now) but I'm so excited that Blogger added this option!!!

7 comments:

winstead family said...

you are so organized! i'm jealous! you need to do a tutorial on how you archive your photos each month/year. help!

Leah said...

Big deal for me too! How do I do what you are doing?

Anonymous said...

Just keep it coming that's all we ask!!

Aunt Debra said...

Who said you write too much? I have no complaints except when you have to miss a day :)!

Amanda said...

I love looking back at what Jonah did when he was Eli's age! It's fun to see what we have to look forward to with Eli. Congrats on being able to merge blogs!

4 J's said...

That is great! Now I want to know how to make my blog in to a book...any suggestions?

Barb said...

That's really cool. I may have to archive my Scotland blog into my everyday one.

And by the way, I enjoy seeing the pics, but I also enjoy reading about Jonah's antics/stories. So DON'T stop writing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails