Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's your name?

In the past week or so, Jonah has become very interested in "whole names." He knows he is "Jonah Dannell Gwin." He repeats this to us on a regular basis. In the last couple of days, he has grasped that daddy is "Wahbert Dannell Gwin." Because he has such an interest in names, we talk about them all the time.

This morning, he crawled in bed with me and said "What's your name?" I told him my first name. He pointed towards the hall and said "What's his name? I said "Robert Daniel Glenn." His eyes got really big and said "I Jonah Dannell Gwin!" Then I asked him my name. He replied "Mommy Nicki Dannell Gwin!!!" He was so proud that I hated to tell him I wasn't a DANIEL like he and his daddy. So, for just a little while today, I was Mommy Nicki Dannell Glenn!!!

3 comments:

Cristi said...

So cute, dont you just love those conversations. Enjoy them, because sooner than you think the conversations will turn into, "When are yall gonna get me a car?"

Jami Ainsworth said...

This is a sweet one. Natalie's latest observation in the world of names and titles...about about Mimis, Poppas, Nonnas and Pappaws. Brittany said that Natalie corrected her when she told her that someone was someone's grandmother or whatever. Natalie replied that no...they were either a mimi, poppa..you get the picture. She is such a know-it-all...and will argue about anything (even when she is very wrong...though I guess she thinks she is "really" right).

Did you get the message that I commented about the fire engine on the other blog?

4 J's said...

When Jordyn learned her whole name (Jordyn Elizabeth Williams) we were Mama Elipasis Wilwums and Daddy Elipasis Wilwums! I just loved it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails