Monday, February 16, 2009

Just like you, Daddy!

Jonah wore a tie to church yesterday. That was the first time for him to do that. I thought he may fight me so I bought a tie with cars on it. I bought a more grown-up looking tie for Easter but thought I would ease him in to wearing them with this one. It worked great. He saw it, noticed the cars and then said "I be just like my daddy!" I put it on him and he did not want to take it off. We stopped outside to take a couple of pictures before heading to church but that didn't last long because all he wanted to do was show his daddy his new tie. Oh, be sure to check out the matching socks in the 2nd picture. He was quite impressed with those.

We arrived at church and he jumped out the car to find his daddy. Roy picked him up and he told Roy he wanted to find his daddy. We found him back in the choir room and he took off full speed to see him. It was such a precious moment when he said "Look Daddy, I just like you!"



P.S. Jonah does have a belt but I didn't make him wear it because he cried when I "locked his pants!" I guess that is what a belt does! We will work on the belt issue next!

4 comments:

Jami Ainsworth said...

What a precious little story! Thanks for sharing.

Baylee's Mommy said...

He is so sweet! Love the tie and matching socks :)

Barb said...

Jonah looks so spiffy in his tie and matching socks. What a big boy!

Andrew, Audra & Drew said...

He looks SO proud in those pictures with Dan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails