Thursday, January 22, 2009

My little computer whiz

I went to Office Depot Monday night to get some things for work. As I was about to check out, I saw a display of software and decided to check it out. There were two different Sesame Street programs made for 2-4 year olds. Most things I have seen in the past start at age 3. So, I decided to get it. He was immediately impressed by the box. He kept saying "That's Elmo, That's Big Bird." I realized very quickly that I should not have let him see this until the software was loaded on my computer. Patience is NOT his virtue!!!
Before we started playing, I gave him a quick lesson on how to use a mouse. Well, it wasn't a quick lesson. A mouse is second nature to those of us who use them all the time. It was anything BUT second nature to my 2.5 year old. It reminded me of teaching my dad to use a mouse the first time. But, after a little bit, he got the hang of it. We still need some practice but overall, he got it.
The first game had you roll your mouse over a certain animal and it would make the sound of the animal, tell you how to spell it and tell you the color of the animal. Every time it would say "owl," Jonah would say, "that's not uncle owl!" In case you don't know, my brother's name is Al and Jonah calls him (in his best southern drawl) Uncle OWL!




He seemed to really enjoy his time on the "compooter." So much so that he asks numerous times a day now to "do that Big Bird thing on mommy's compooter!"





I love experiencing things for the first time with Jonah. It is so fun to see the excitement in his eyes and the joy that something fun brings him. It is even exciting to experience the not so fun stuff with him because it is all a part of what makes him who he is. Have I mentioned lately just how much I love being a mommy?

5 comments:

Carrie Bevell Partridge said...

I love the picture of his little hand on the mouse. :)

Avery's Mommy said...

Isn't it neat that our kids will be experts at computing before they start kindergarten! WOW!

Anonymous said...

I can't help but wonder...what exciting things will YOUR 2 Y/O grandchildren be discovering? DG

Anonymous said...

That's Gigi...DG

Jami Ainsworth said...

and before you long you will be letting him play on the computer while you finish something or as a reward for something...because she..I mean he asks to do play on the computer all the time.

Yes,I am really talking about Natalie. She loves the online games. I thought about buying her a computer game for Christmas, but her favorite games are online and they are FREE (not to mention tons of choices)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails