Saturday, December 20, 2008

Last Wednesday at church

Jonah was SUPER excited about wearing his "MeMaw Boots" to church so "MeMaw" (a.ka. Tim Welch) could see them. Since Tim is a farmer and has a John Deere tractor, Jonah equates all things John Deere to Tim.



Many of you know that our church is in the middle of a Sanctuary renovation and we are meeting in the multipurpose building until the middle of May. Jonah went in to see Dan before heading to the nursery and decided he would spend some time on stage. He is such a little ham!


Dara called me early Wednesday morning and asked me to take her spot in the nursery that night. We only had four kids in our room so it wasn't bad at all. Delynn gave Jonah a balloon before we went in so that kept them entertained most of the night.
Zoe's mom dropped her off to play with us but she was not happy about that. She stood in the same spot for quite some time with her arms crossed while refusing to smile. I tried everything to get her to play with us and have fun.
We noticed she and Jonah both had on John Deere boots so I told him to stand next to her for a picture. As you can see, they were both thrilled with having a picture taken together!! You can also tell that Zoe's boots did not just come out of the box!! Hers have a little wear and tear on them. I'm sure Jonah's will look like that soon!

I tried to get her to smile but I'm pretty sure this look was intended for me because of what was coming that night. Yeah, with about five minutes to go in the nursery, Zoe came behind me in the rocking chair and I didn't know it. She got on the floor and her pinky got caught under the rocker. Lets just say lots of blood and a visit to the emergency room happened. Ughh....I felt awful! I'm pretty sure I deserved this look from her! Even if it was premature!
Jonah and Marlie had a blast playing. They ran their little hearts out. It is so fun to see them play and have fun together.



Zoe even warmed up and played with us. She had TONS of fun but I'm guessing she would have rather stood by the wall to avoid the end result of visiting the ER!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails