Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How things change!

I have taken a picture of Jonah each year on Christmas morning as soon as we walk in his room. I love having "the first picture of Christmas" to look back on and compare. This year, he did not wake up until 9:15. We heard him stir and walked in his room. He had just gotten out of bed and was starting to play. From the look on his face, we surprised him by walking in!

Last year, he was still in a crib and was sitting up waiting on us when we walked in. He was in a great mood and had no idea the fun that was in store for him on that day.
We must have scared him to death the first year. This picture always makes me laugh. We could hardly wait for him to wake up that year and (it was 10 a.m. by the way!!!) when he made the first peep, we rushed in there. This is the look we got!
I'm sure the day will come (sooner than I wish) that I don't get to capture Jonah's first expressions on Christmas morning. Pretty soon, he will be sitting at the tree before we even know he is awake. But, for now, I enjoy these moments and take them while I can.

4 comments:

4 J's said...

That last picture cracks me up! Love the tradition...can't wait to watch him change and grow each year.

Andrew, Audra & Drew said...

What a neat tradition...

duglen said...

He looks like Amelia in this picture. It is kind of scary how much my girls have looked like Jonah at different ages.

Katie (and Tony) said...

I can't wait for the day when Jonah brings a camera in your room on Christmas morning to see your first expression!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails