Saturday, November 1, 2008

ALL ABOUT AMANDA

March 6, 2008 was a HUGE day for me. I will never forget standing in the toy section of the Natchez Walmart when my phone rang. I answered and heard Amanda's voice on the phone. She told me a secret...she was pregnant!!! I cried! If you know me well, you know I am not a person who cries a whole lot. I could not help myself that day. I was so excited and so happy for my friend who REALLY wanted a baby!

When Jonah was born, something clicked inside of Amanda. It was then that she knew she was ready for a baby and at times, that thought consumed her. She spent lots of time with my new little baby and dreamed of the day she would hold her own. We sat on the steps of the Verdel's pool for hours talking and dreaming about the day she would have a baby. We even came up with scenarios of how she would tell Josh and their parents. Just so you know, all of that went out the window when she found out she was pregnant. She couldn't help it...she was so excited.

Over the past 2 years and 3 months, I have watched my friend Amanda love and nurture my little boy. I have watched her sacrifice time and energy for him. I have watched her wipe his snotty nose and change some nasty diapers without a problem. She tasted his baby food to be sure it was okay for him. She keeps him on her days off from teaching. She loves him...just like he was hers. And he loves her...BOY, DOES HE LOVE HER!!!

This picture was taken last night after we carved the pumpkin. When I saw it on my computer after I uploaded pictures, I got tears in my eyes. It is such a sweet reflection of the relationship between Jonah and Amanda. This is an actual representation of their relationship. This picture was completely unposed or planned for. It was taken in the moment and I think that is what makes it so special.

Now, the time has come that she will have her own little boy. Eli Daniel Wilson is set to make his debut any day now. He is officially due Monday but has yet to show any signs of leaving his cozy environment. I am super excited about him getting here. I can't wait to tell him how lucky he is to be born into such a wonderful family. He has 2 sets of grandparents that can't wait to meet him and spend all the time they can with him. He has a host of friends and family that are ready to love him and help him grow into a Godly man. But, most of all, he has a mommy who is over the top in love with him!!! What a lucky little boy!!!

4 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

I know Sue Wilson is just BESIDE herself tickled pink! Congrats Amanda and Josh! I don't know how I missed that baby shower...Sue Wilson has NEVER missed a shower in the history of showers in Vidalia. I'll have to drop a gift off by her house :)

Amanda said...

You made me cry. Thanks for sharing your little boy with me all these years :) I love your family so much! I'm so glad God has placed you guys in my life. You're great!

Katie (and Tony) said...

LOVE, love, love all the pictures....The family pic is precious! Amanda looks like Kimberly Williams Paisley (father of the Bride, According to Jim). Amanda looks beautiful!

4 J's said...

You made me cry! What a blessed little boy...I have been following her blog and she sounds like she will be such a good Mommy! That picture is so sweet! What a blessing it is to have friends that love our little ones like we love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails