Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cotton Field Portraits: Take 32

Last year, I saw Natalie's Cotton Field Portraits on her blog. I really wanted to do those with Jonah to document our time here in Louisiana. We have attempted to do these for several weeks but something always happened on the day of our scheduled time. From the stomach bug to lots of rain to a busted eye, they kept getting put off. Our appointment finally worked on Thursday afternoon. Unfortunately, I did not account for a grumpy 2 year old who hated wearing overalls and despised the cotton field. It will be a miracle if Jami got any good pics. Jonah certainly was not cooperative. (By the way, I know she did because I've seen a sneak peek on her camera!)


As our regular blog readers know, I never attempt to get good pictures of Jonah during a portrait session. I just want to document the session. I'm afraid the pictures I took are a very accurate portrayal of our time in the cotton fields. Jonah was less than cooperative and kept wanting mommy to "hold you!"






We (Randy, Jami and me) tried every trick we knew to get him to smile and I'm pretty sure he never did. We kept telling him if he would smile we would show him the alligator. Yes, the alligator. The field was back behind Frogmore Plantation and right beside a small bayou. On our way in, Randy spotted a gator and we kept telling Jonah all about it. Well, after a while of fighting him in the field, we walked back to the bayou to search for the gator. IT WAS THERE! To be honest, it freaked me out a little! I don't think I have ever been that close to an alligator that wasn't at a zoo or something.
Jonah became fast friends with Randy. He was very impressed that Randy could find the alligator. I think he was just glad to see another boy out there that wasn't trying to convince him to smile for the camera.


1 comment:

Barb said...

I definitely love the concept of these photos, and can't wait to see the official product, even if Jonah was grumpy. Well, you can't smile ALL the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails