Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sick?

I think Jonah is getting sick...or already sick. He was very snotty yesterday and had watery eyes. I thought that was allergy related from being outside so much for the D.A.R.E. tournament and then the Jim Bowie Festival. He woke up around 5:30 this morning and was pretty fretful. Dan settled him down then came back to bed. We were just about asleep when I heard this over the monitor. "My face hurts, mommy!" I jumped up and went to his room. He didn't have fever but kept telling me his face hurt. We are guessing he has a headache? That is the first time he has ever verbalized anything like that. He never went back to sleep so we are currently watching "The Jungle Book."

This is one of those days that REALLY makes me wish we lived near family. I need a sitter bad for church! Our governor, Bobby Jindal is giving his testimony in our service this morning. No one wants to miss that. Since he will be here, Dan is tied up with him and his security detail during Sunday School and can't teach my class for me. So, as of now, Sunday School is 2 hours away and my class has no teacher. Hmmmm....

2 comments:

Andrew, Audra & Drew said...

Maybe it's sinus related and that's why his face hurts. Tap on each side of his nose (on his cheek) and right above his nose (on his forehead). His sinuses are located there, and if they're getting infected, it will hurt when you tap specifically there.

Poor Jonah! Hope he feels better.

Andrew, Audra & Drew said...

Glad you figured it out! Put warm washcloths on them to help relieve some of the pain and of course Tylenol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails